A finish I'm very happy about!


Isn't that edge border simply divine!


The last pile of burrs and sticks from the Australian handspun wool, I don't think I ever want to work with this style of wool ever again, so slow and tedious picking rubbish out every few cm.  


The crab stitch border begins.



I began making this crochet blanket just before winter last year and this weekend I finished it.  I wasn't in love with it but once I began adding the crab stitch final border in a great variegated shade of  Patons Jet 30% alpaca and 70% wool I fell hard.  I can't stop looking at the border, it's just lovely and weighty and really suits the overall heaviness of this blanket.  I watched a video on Youtube and became a crabstitch expert very fast.  It took approximately 90m of wool for the border but it was so worth the aching hands and arms.  My big brown blanket weighs 1460g, heavy!  146cm x 116cm  My first knee rug and perfect for curling up on the couch with a new crochet project!


Washed and drying in the winter sunshine.



Luckily for me I had a fabulous Jellywares Yarn Club parcel arrive in the mail on Monday.   I have been so good all week trying to finish off other projects before I even look at the pattern suggestions for the two yarns sent out this month.  Maybe over the predicted rainy weekend I will get to start something new and interesting. Will let you know if I get something started.  The little packet of mints are all gone already!  The small project bag will be handy for me as I always cart my works in progress around wherever I go.  





2 comments:

Susan said...

No wonder you're pleased with your blanket, it's gorgeous. The border makes it super especial, really elevates the whole blanket. I wish I could knit and quilt at the same time!

Anonymous said...

Lovely finish. I love the pop of color along the edge.